Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Team ups and learning from everyone.

Hello again.
   It's been interesting having the opportunity to be a District Leader and then Zone Leader.  I never thought in one day I could learn so much from another missionary.  I remember when I was pretty new in the mission, and the Zone Leaders came on team ups with my trainer and I.  I looked up to them and what they had to say.  I think about myself in that position now and it seems like once again I am learning from the others around me.  Just as I did when I was brand new.  I don't think it matters whot the person is that is near you, there is something worth while to learn from them.  I think about it as a missionary,  every Elder or Sister I have had the chance of hearing talk about gospel related things I learn something.
   I believe that could be applied to any of us.  No matter what moment in time we are dealing with.  Whether we are in college, have kids, empty nesters, or in any situation.  If we open our minds and hearts to the people around us we will be completely suprised by the amount of knowledge people actually have.  Plus the fact that we can learn things from EVERYONE!
  As a missionary I have learned to love people.  Love watching how they act in certain situations.  Loving to watch how they respond.  Will we respond as the world would respond or will we respond as God would want us to.  Will we take the great opportunities around us and learn from the people in our lives.  I hope and pray I will always be able to react the way God wants me to and to also learn from others.  We can Learn from everyone.
   Love, Elder Austin Gene Goff.

No comments:

Post a Comment