Friday, November 19, 2010

A lot of thinking, and thanking.

Elder House got his appendix out on Tuesday night. I had to leave him with 2 other Elders that night to go to a meeting in Billings on Wednesday. Since then I have sat here in his room, and thought a lot about Missionaries. What a missionary does and becomes. I believe I have wrote somewhat about this subject before, but the things I have both seen and heard on my mission concerning other missionaries' struggles never cease to amaze me. As I drove with Elder Merrell and Elder Horspool to Billings on Tuesday night we talked about missionaries. I specifically talked about how amazing missionaries are. Everyone has personal struggles and trials. Missionaries are not exempt from that, I have both seen and heard about Missionaries who have had things go on during their missions that would be tough for anyone. Things that I would guess would be harder for someone away from all family. And yet they take these hard things and put them on the back burners and try to help anyone they can to feel happiness. That's what it is all about. Sharing what we know to be true with others. It has brought us happiness even through the hard things in life. Why wouldn't it be able to bring them happiness as well?

I know that this Gospel is a Gospel of change. Change for the better, change for lasting happiness. This Gospel changes so many people, and missionaries. Why not live the Gopsel of Jesus Christ? It will only bless those who do, and in turn it allows us to bless the lives of many more who have not yet found the Gospel. I am so grateful for strong people. My Companion, Elder House, President Gardner, My family, My sister Tiff. Tiff is so strong. With all the pain and medical things plaguing her she still trusts in our lord. She understands that this is happiness. No matter the cost, this is the way to be happy and to spread happiness. At this time of Thanksgiving I pray that we will be more sensitive to the small things people do for us everyday. I don't believe this time should be the only time we notice those things. We need to be more sensitive to the service others provide. All the time, thank those who help you, acknowledge those whom you admire, and be the person who helps others be happy. Notice the things be believe are "little things."




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi0tqhedHIU

1 comment:

  1. You made me cry. I love you bro. YOU are strong. Tell Elder House he will be in our prayers. Hope he is doing okay..

    P.S. I don't know if I am supposed to comment on here.. Sorry if I wasn't supposed to.

    ReplyDelete