Friday, November 12, 2010

Neither am I Mighty in Writing

   Ever since we started this online proselyting work I have been thinking about how hard it is to express myself through written words.  I have had the chance of teaching some friends online through Facebook, and have been updating this blog site.  As I have done both I have decided that I am better at expressing my thoughts and feelings through my spoken words,  rather than written.  As I read from The Book of Mormon today I read Nephi's words at the end of the book of 2 Nephi.  Nephi seems to have felt the same way I have. So I will use his words from 2 Nephi 33 and insert my name.
   1.  And now I, Elder Goff, cannot write all the things that were taught to me today; neither am I mighty in writing, like unto speaking; for when a man speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the children of men. ( I don't feel that I am mighty in speaking either, but I feel like I can speak better than I can write.)
   2.  But behold, there are many that harden their hearts against the Holy Spirit, that it hath no place in them; wherefore, they cast many things away which are written and esteem them as things of naught.
   I hope that something in what I write on my blog will touch the hearts of those who read it.  I do not proclaim to be a writing genius or to have the spirit at all times.  However I do feel like these things I write mean a lot to me, so I hope that they could mean something to others as well.  If only because I know them to be true.  I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I am trying so hard to be someone different than who I used to be.  I know it's only through Jesus Christ that that can happen.  I feel that he has helped me change things already.  I'm still constantly trying to improve. There are many areas I need to work on, and I am doing my best.  The past is the past.  I hope it can stay there.  I know where I stand with God and that's what matters.  I hope all who read this can realize that we can always be better than we were yesterday. 
   4.  And I know that the Lord God will consecrate my prayers for the gain of my people.  And the words which I have written in weakness will be made strong unto them; for it persuadeth them to do good; it maketh known unto them of their fathers; and it speaketh of Jesus, and presuadeth them to believe in him, and to endure to the end, which is life eternal.
   10.  And now, my beloved bretheren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ.  And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach men that they should do good.
   It is my prayer that as I use this as a means of helping others that Christ will help me to write the words he would have me write.  That he will bless you to feel of the Love and Effort I try to put into these entries.  I love Jesus Christ, I love my Father in Heaven, they love me.  I hope I can help you to all feel of their love for you as well, and that you can grow to love them. And see the happiness that can be found through them.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is interesting how the Lord gives us different gifts. I find blogging about what I believe so much easier than talking about it. I love the example of likening scripture unto oneself. Keep up the good work Elder.

    ReplyDelete