Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Dream two Nights Ago

Two nights ago I had dream that I can't seem to get out of my mind.  I had been in some sort of an accident, and had been hospitalized.  Something had happened to my head, and I needed surgery right away.  I was not conscious, but I was watching everything happen from above.  I heard a voice and was told that through this procedure I would lose part of my memory.  I had the choice of what I would get to remember.  The decision I would make would effect me the rest of my life.  I was asked to choose between the two things I love more than anything else in this life.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ, or my Family.  I can still feel the confusion, sadness and pure distaste for the idea of forgetting one of them.  Then I would have to start over, with my family, or with my testimony of this gospel.  As I looked down from above as different nurses and doctors worked to begin surgery.  I contemplated the seriousness of the decision I needed to make.  I thought of my amazing family, the blessing and help they have been to me; known and unknown.  I also thought of the time and effort I have put into gaining a strong testimony of the things I have come to believe so deeply.  Through all of this thinking and contemplating my decision, I could not make one.  I was not trying to be defiant to the voice that asked me to make that decision, but I merely could not come up with an answer to give. 
As I woke up without a decision made I still have thought over and over again the decision I would make.  I cannot make the choice.  I would rather have one mightier then I make that decision.  I love this Gospel, I love who I have become and continue to become because of it.  I love my family.  They have helped me to gain this testimony.  They have helped me to become who I am.  I believe that Family and the Gospel of Jesus Christ are inseparably connected.  The family is the basic social unit of time and all eternity.  I do believe that if I did "forget my testimony"  my family would be at my side helping me to gain it once again.  I believe that if I forgot my family the Gospel of Jesus Christ would lead me to them.  I hope I will never have to make that decision, but I am glad that God has given me this time to think more deeply about what those two things mean to me.  How truly important they are to me.  I hope that we all can notice the way we REALLY feel about our families and the Gospel.  Just a little food for thought.  Hope you enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, crazy dream. it truely does give you something to think about. i have no idea which one i would choose. but i too truely believe that the Lord would help me with whatever decision i would make. Thanx for sharing keep the faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's word tells us in Luke 13:53 "The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."

    The Word of God is like a two edged sword, it divides as it cleanses us. I believe God reveals himself in many ways and one of those ways is through our dreams. We see this through Joseph's example and Daniel's as well as many others.

    Jesus Christ paid the ultimate price for my own soul. I would choose Christ every time. I would trust in him and him alone. I love my family with all my heart but I can't save them. I can teach them Truth but I can't make them accept it. Philippians 2:12 "Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling"

    ReplyDelete